Thursday, September 13, 2012

I love Soy Beansprout


Fried with black fungus and wee bit of sambal belanchan.
 I love the crunchiness and the "green" taste of the soy beansprouts more than the mung bean sprouts that are more commonly seen.  I can fry a bag of it and have for dinner, all by myself. 
  This time, I took on the challenge of making beansprout kimchee since I love it so much.  I followed the recipe from the lovely Beyond Kimchee blog.  The recipe is very easy to follow once you managed to get all the ingredients.  Not a problem since there are many Korean grocery shops all over town. 

  I made about 1.5 kg of the kimchee and gave away some to my parents and friends.  It didn't last more than 1.5 weeks because it was so delicious, I had to have it at every meal at home.  It's been more than a month since I last made it, so I'm drooling at the thought of it.  Any volunteers to help with picking out beansprouts??
My first attempt at making beansprout kimchee.
Ingredients for the kimchee
Garlic chives kimchee

No comments: