Sunday, April 24, 2011

Never say never... And Derma-roller

To botox, that is.






Since last week, I've noticed this drooping of the lips corner left side.  I think this is the first sign of aging that has been bothering me.  Not that there're no other sign of aging on my 33 yo face but this is nagging. The right side is not too bad but I have the habit of sleeping on my side. One day if I do decided to sleep on my right side for a period of time, I think the right will suffer the same fate.  This got me seriously considering botox as a quick fix, nip it in the bud before the line gets deeper.  Maybe I should do some facercise, try to sleep on my back more (but it's really quite difficult for me)?  The next best thing to do now is to start using the derma-roller diligently to stimulate collagen production.  I have very sensitive skin and prone to ezcema so I have to be careful not to roll too hard (quite impossible to roll really hard anyway) and avoid rolling when there is a breakout.  I've used it 3 times only since getting it 3 weeks ago.  The first time I used it, my hand sort of went jelly as it is really rolling 15mm needles on your face and trying to exert enough pressure to stimulate the skin but not enough to break the skin.  Some people use it with numbing gel but I don't have that.  Let's see if this works with rolling 3 to 5 times a week, for 1 month before shelling out the moolah for the botox.

Note:  I also realised that I like to prop my face up with my hand on the left side.  I think that likely lead to more creasing.  So hands off the face!   

Update: I stopped using after 1 week as I had breakouts.  Haven't touched it since!

2 comments:

mae said...

After i read your post, i whip out my mirror to check! hahaha! I think i also got abit of lines at the corner of my mouth...sigh...

Flying raisin said...

so u wanna do facercise or do derma-roller?