Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Seed cards from Cargo Plant Love

Have you tried growing things from seed cards?  I haven't and this is the first!  I got Cargo Plant love lipsticks for a friend and myself online over a year ago.  The Plantlove range from Cargo is free from parabens, phthalates,synthetic fragrance, synthetic dyes and petro-chemicals.  The lipsticks are named after celebrities and the colours are quite pretty.  I've got a hot red (Maria) and something alot milder for friend (forgot the name of the colour).  One of reasons I got them, other than the fact that it's on sale, is that the packaging is eco-friendly and has wildflowers seeds embedded.  I finally got down to planting the seeds after I decided to pull out the bryophyllum which is becoming too much for me to handle.  I also planted Pangea's boxes which have basil seed embedded. I didn't manage to take pictures of Pangea's boxes or notes printed on the non-plant-able  cardboard cos hubs threw them away.

The pot with Plantlove has already sprouted while those with Pangea has only a few sprouted between the 2 pots planted.  I'm not sure if all the seedlings are from the seed cards as the soil was recycled from a big pot of bitter herb (good for sorethroat) that I uprooted some months ago (yes, I'm a plant killer).  I'm hoping that they are and I'm very curious to see how the wildflowers will turn out.  More so, I want some basil for my pesto!

No comments: