Friday, April 22, 2011

Challenge No.1: Finished-It-Up (FIU)

FIU.
Pronounce as you would the word, "Phew!" Like "FIU! I finished the cleanser/shower foam/lipstic (that almost never happen)!

Like the hoarder I am, there comes a time when I want to open up something new to use, be it makeup or skincare, I'm left with too many choices!  Why do I say it like it's troubling me when other pple have the problem of running out of skincare with none to choose from?
The problem with me is that I hoard stuff from the sales.  I buy and keep until curiosity gets better of me and I decided to open the item.  This usually happen within 24 hours or never.  When I do run out of, say foundation, I go open my cupboard and look through multiple bottles of foundation and think, "What if i don;t get to go to the sale this yr, better save it until absolutely necessary!"
Then I go out and buy a new bottle of foundation.
You see, with such warped mentality, I will never ever finish up my stuff.  I can use them until 80 yrs old!
Recently I've been trying to convert to using more organic products and these can't last that long.  I must really try to use them up.
So here's my first 5 products to use up:


1. John Master Organics: Vitamin C Anti-aging face serum
  I got this probably for about 2 yrs?(!!) and still haven't finish it.  My friend thought it smell abit funky but I think it's what stuck at the nozzle going bad if you don't use it daily.  Anyway vitamin C is known not to be the most stable ingredient and since it must be way past it's prime.  I thought I'll try to use it on the scars on my legs to lighten them if it's still potent.
 Left about 10%, it was too funky to use up!

2. Biore Bodycream: I got this in Japan thinking it's a body shower cream! You can tell how bad my Japanese is.  It was a cold cold night and I was tasked to go out to the nearest 24hr mart to get shower cream for the family so I grabbed whatever Kuri-mu I can figure out.  It's not bad, quite moisturising without the heavy grease.  I wouldn't mind getting it again if I'm out of moisturiser and I can't find Yuskin cream.
Proudly finished!

3. Suki Delicate Moisture Body Oil: Ah, this I got it for J but as it was expired so vendor refunded me and J told me to keep it for myself.  I like this alot and despite it being expired, I don't think the oil went stale.  If you like woodsy fragrance and enjoy using oil as a moisturiser, this will be for you.  It's abit pricey though, hence the small volume dispensed with each pump (hence, lotsa rabbit fur sticking to bottle) so I don't think I will buy it again. 
Proudly finished!

4. Juice Beauty: Oil -free moisturiser
  This came with the trial size kit that I got quite long ago too.  As it feel rather sticky on the face, I have neglected using it for a long time.  Also, my face is quite sensitive on and off, I forgot about it until digging it out recently.  I shall give it a try again as it is supposed to have a matte finish and not sticky.  Then again, with out humid weather, everything can turn sticky.
 Still 50% left, not funky yet

5.  Origins: A Perfect World Antioxidant moisturizer with White tea
  I really this what this does for me.  It plumps up the skin when I used it on skin stressed by sun or lack of hydration.  My working environment can be quite drying and unclean due to the dirty air ducts (full of dust and fungus) so if I do diligently use it nightly, the skin behaves quite well.  It's almost used up, probably a few more nights' application.  I can't quite remember why I stopped using it though. 
 Finished!

Oh hey, it's Earth Day today!  Perhaps it's quite apt to post this challenge to myself today.


I like what The Non-Consumer Advocate says:  “Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without”

No comments: