Friday, April 22, 2011

One down, one more to go

 Red Cherry having her treatment done.   
Phew! The counter is actually clear of clutter and clean enough not to dirty my pretty dress!
For the past 3 days, time flew by in a blur.  I was suddenly down with flu with no sniffles but lotsa coughing and tightening of my airway.  My doc must have been very kind or he has misheard me asking,"Can you please cover me for today?" as a plea for 2 days's rest.  Even the old doc is coughing so I guess it's the former!
I must have slept for more than 15 hours each day for the first 2 days of rest.  Then on the day of the planned leave, hubs is down with flu.  Lotsa of sniffles but no cough.  When a man is down with flu, oh man, he's like a big baby!  Actually worse, cos babies can't verbalise, yet.  Today we're still grounded cos it seems to have gotten worse.  I have no choice but to let him have the anti-viral tablets that costs more than $10 a pop.
"Here, this is from Dr Bryan, u better get well on these as it's more than $10 per tablet"
I peeled out the 1st and then started on the 2nd.
"What?!!" so this is like $30???!!!" said hapless hubs whom I think is considering that i keep the 2nd tablet.
"Aiya, just eat lah!"
The thing about hubs is that he doesn't seems to take to my medication well.  He slept for like 3 hours straight and woke up groggy, eyes throbbing.
But of cos, who wouldn't when one is cooped up in an airless room?? Don't blame it on the drugs.

Anyway, while he's out, I had nothing to do but to find my own entertainment.  Oh dear, this is but royal weekend!  There's nothing to watch on national TV except programmes on royalty!
Which got me feeling conscious of my unpolished skin and decided to do some facial pampering.  Hmmm.... which got me thinking, what's this time wasted doing nothing (sleeping is not nothing, mind you!)?
I shall do some cleaning up and tidying.
Why can't I relaxed doing nothing while having a mask on?
Well, 1 thing for sure is that now that we're fully fledged in a tiny hdb flat, parents aren't going to clean up after us, there is no dog to put the blame on for the messiness.  Boy, isn't the pressure great to present to friends and relatives a sparkling home when they come to visit?  While I know that most of my friends don't mind my college kids kinda living conditions, you know, books, mags everywhere, dishes unwashed, mailers on the dinning table,  I've heard comments that I certainly do not welcome on a few occasion when all I've done is to generously open my home. 
For the record, I love having mags and books within reach ALL the time.  Not doing dishes can't kill me so what's up with the dirty look (pun fully intended).
But that said, I do love the fren who did rolled up her sleeves and helped me with my kitchen malfunction.  It's a better place after she left.
My point is, as with a lot of other issues, if you can help, offer.  If you can't, please don't look at things so negatively without putting yourself in others' shoes.

No comments: